Lees Market in Westport, Massachusetts seeks highly motivated, skilled pastry chefs to produce scratch-made baked goods in our Starfish Bakery. Applicants must be able to work well in a fast-paced bakery environment. Both part time and full time opportunities will be available.Day-to-day duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Produce a wide range of scratch-made baked goods. These include cakes, pies, cookies and more.
- Ensure the quality and freshness of all products produced each day.
- Maintain the highest degree of cleanliness and organization in the bakery.
- Spearhead the implementation of new and trending baked goods.
- Accurately order department supplies and equipment as needed.
- Maximize sales by accurately projecting the production needs of the department.Skills and Qualifications:
- Considerable experience in a bakery or pastry chef position. Educational background in baking or pastry a plus.
- Keen organizational skills and efficiency.
- A passion for pastry and a desire to stay educated on the latest industry trends.
- An ability to embrace change and take direction, but also maintain a high degree of self-motivation.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.