- Responsible for cutting, grinding and packaging an assortment of beef, pork, and poultry items, using equipment like meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines and knives.
- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor at all times.
- Ensures that products are weighed and packaged properly according to COOL, USDA and company guidelines.Product date rotation is followed to maximize product freshness and quality of items available in display cases and stored in coolers.
- Provides exceptional customer service in the department including cutting special request orders, assisting customer on the sales floor as well as answering phone calls to the department. May also receive, inspect and order products as needed.
- Ensures that proper safety, sanitation and food safety guidelines are met daily. They will work closely with the Department Manager and Store Manager to maintain the department goals and perform other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have previous experience as a meat cutter
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Highly motivated individual that can work in a fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to multi-task, have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to change/adapt any prior cutting techniques to ensure the quality and consistency our Meat Department manager and our customers expect.